Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 30 min
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 ripe avocado
– 1 egg, poached
– handful of greens (I used an organic spring mix)
– salt and pepper*
1) Prepare your oatmeal in any way you like- stovetop or microwave. (Check out my Oatmeal 101 post if you need the instructions. :D)
2) Mash your avocado, stir it in, and mix until well combined.
3) Season with salt and pepper as desired.
4) Add a poached egg. (To see how I poach my eggs, you can read my Eggs 101!)
5) Serve on top a bed of greeens.
3 Nutritional Perks
1) Avocados are loaded with healthy monounsaturated fats that support heart health by lowering your bad cholesterol.
2) Oatmeal is a whole grain, which stabilizes your blood sugar level. (For more info, head over to Oatmeal 101.)
3) Eggs are great sources of protein (and for our vegetarian friends out there too!), and will keep you satisfied for longer. (Read more at Eggs 101.)
Hope you are all doing well! I’ve been sick with a cold for the past couple of days and it’s just awful.. constantly coughing and sniffling, ugh.. /: Anyways, thanks for reading!